Where do I start? An overview
Re-Vision is an educational charity which offers a unique combination of heart, head and soul. Its practical function is to offer professional trainings in counselling and psychotherapy from a soulful perspective, which are accredited by BACP and UKCP respectively.
What is special about Re-Vision’s approach?
- Our emphasis on care of the soul
- We value the dark aspects of our being as much as those in the light
- Our circular re-visioning of the pre-ego-trans model from the work of Ken Wilber, which serves as a framework to integrate the best from different therapeutic traditions
- Our emphasis on trusting in the imagination to reveal the wisdom of the psyche
- Our organic mode of learning that respects inner experience and makes theory personally relevant
- We draw on a rich variety of learning methods including movement, artwork, ritual, stories, dialogue and energy work
- Our high calibre and experienced trainers from a variety of different backgrounds
Where to start?
The three year counselling training and the two year psychotherapy training are the core Re-Vision courses. To find out if these might suit you, you can come along to one of our introductory events – from free open evenings and open days to the one day Heart and Soul days, or the five day Transitions course. These can all be stand alone personal development opportunities or can lead on to professional training.
Who are our Trainers?
Pathways to Training at Re-Vision Please click on the picture below to enlarge it and see the different ways that you can access our different training options:
Fees and Bursary Fund
Our fees are kept as low as possible. We aim to continue to make our courses and training widely available and we offer our successful bursary scheme which is aimed at all those who might not otherwise be able to access the training due to cost. The scheme shares the bursary sums between a number of students on each stage reducing the amount that each will have to pay. “The bursary system is exemplary and a particular achievement for such a small organisation.” (HIPC/UKCP course re-accreditation panel.) Ethnic diversity is not adequately reflected in the counselling and psychotherapy profession. Students and graduates from minority ethnic backgrounds who have trained at Re-Vision have alerted us to the growing need for professionally trained practitioners within their own communities. We want to reach out to this wider cross-section of the community and so the bursary fund particularly helps to facilitate the training of counsellors and psychotherapists from ethnic minority and other under-represented groups.
We can arrange an instalment scheme to spread payment instalments over the year. Click on the link below to see the up to date fees. Please note that Re-Vision’s training is not eligible for student loans or adult learner loans.
To join the foundation year:
Applicants should be willing to undertake at least 35 weekly individual sessions of individual counselling or psychotherapy. In addition, they must have completed the Transitions course and fulfil some or all of the following criteria:
· Previous experience of personal therapy and/or other self-development activity
· Life experience and maturity
· Previous experience of working within a group
· Capacity for critical self reflection
· Capacity for independent study
· Personal resilience to cope with the demands of the training
· Ability to relate and work cooperatively
· Self-awareness and responsibility