Professional Training and Other Courses
Re-Vision provides professional training and offers short courses for both personal and professional development, introductory events, and a low-cost counselling service. The counselling training starts every autumn and applications are welcome throughout the spring and summer.
Courses are first and foremost experiential, with an emphasis on self-discovery. In therapeutic education, too early an emphasis on skills can encourage the student to use techniques as a defence against the anxiety of being in the inevitable uncertainty of the counselling situation. In this training, both theoretical perspectives and the development of counselling skills are initially presented in an implicit experiential way and only later made explicit. This building on inner experience is part of the ‘inside-out’ learning method in which students integrate skills into their own reality rather than using them as technical means to an end.
If you train with us we ask you to take our transitions course before you apply. Not only will the course give you a real taste of our experiential training method and help you confirm if Re-Vision is the right place for you, but it also runs as a stand-alone self development course which is hugely appreciated whether or not you go on to our full professional training.
- For training in counselling (BACP accredited) and in psychotherapy (UKCP accredited)
- For personal development and introductory events
- For professional development workshops
- For Supervision
- For Working with Couples
- For Group Facilitation
Re-Vision is a registered charity established in 1988 as a counselling and psychotherapy training centre. It has an experienced training group who share much of the responsibility for Re-Vision’s ongoing development.
Sew Who is Who at Re-Vision for more about our trainers
Re-Vision is an established yet innovative centre for training in counselling and psychotherapy. We are members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) who accredit the counselling training and the psychotherapy training respectively. It is a registered charity established in 1988.
After nearly 30 years of delivering high quality training in the craft of soul-making, in order to meet the needs of a changing world, we believe that counselling and psychotherapy are vital for transformation in troubled times.
The theoretical approach pioneered at Re-Vision uses a circular re-visioning of the pre-ego-trans model from the work of Ken Wilber as a framework to integrate concepts from Jungian, Gestalt, relational, psychodynamic, neuroscience, body psychotherapy and family systems theory as well as developmental and archetypal psychology. Through this, we combine a spiritual perspective with down-to-earth high quality therapeutic skills.
We place a high value on the sense of community generated within the student and graduate body, whilst also seeking to reach out to the wider community of which we are a part, through our programmes of personal and professional development and the work of our Low Cost Counselling Service. We are fortunate to have Thomas Moore, author of ‘Care of the Soul’ as our patron. See his comments on Community below.
Re-Vision’s access statement
Our low-cost counselling service is listed on: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/
What are you looking for?
Those who come to Re-Vision include:
- Those exploring their own journey
- Those seeking a career change
- Professionals seeking deeper meaning and quality training
- Those in a life transition or crisis
- Qualified practitioners looking for post-qualifying courses with a spiritual dimension
What are the personal benefits?
- Insight into your purpose and direction
- Healing wounds within a holding space
- Relating more authentically
- A deeper acceptance of both the talented and the shadow aspects of yourself
- More capacity for empathy and for working effectively with others
What past students have said:
- “I have felt held with respect and integrity.”
- “The high quality of training has shown itself throughout enabling me to noticeably improve my client work.”
- “The seminars were inspiring and meaningful.”
- “Things were spoken that I have always felt but never articulated.”
Comments from External Moderator for Psychotherapy Training, Summer 2014:
- “What was striking was the depth of critical reflection and feedback offered to each individual…the phrase ‘frankness from a place of good will’ was offered by a student”
- “Warmth, challenge, appreciation and sense of respect for each other are modelled by the tutors”
- “What I can certainly confirm is that the training at Re-Vision (both academic and practice) is delivered not only to a high standard but … enables students to leave with a soulful light inside.”
"When does an organisation become a community? When it has heart, warmth, connection, intelligence, vision, and humor. I find all these qualities in Re-Vision, a community with which I am happy to be associated. It embodies values of soul and spirit that are often talked about but not lived. Small and beautiful, it gives life and promise to London and to all other places on the globe looking for inspiration."Thomas Moore, author of 'Care of the Soul' and patron of Re-Vision.
Wider communityRe-Vision is a member of the European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy. Amongst many other benefits, this membership allows our psychotherapy graduates to apply to them for the European Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy or apply via them and UKCP for the more widely recognised European Certificate of Psychotherapy.
- 22 Feb 2017Robert Romanyshyn working with Re-VisionWe are delighted that Robert Romanyshyn is coming to work with Mary Smail and Chris Robertson on what promises to be a very special CPD day for Re-Vision on Saturday 8th July. Psychotherapy and Embod...
- 07 Dec 2016Dialogues across Difference – Day conference 21 Jan 2017Our annual winter residential for students and graduates is approaching fast. There are very few places left for the weekend – all graduates should have received an invitation some weeks ago...
- 11 Aug 2016Climate Change conference 10th SeptemberRe-Vision co-founder Chris Robertson will be running a workshop at the conference: Facing climate challenge and collective anxiety 10 September 2016 at the Institute of Psychoanalysis Maida Vale, Lond...
- 10 May 2016Psychotherapy (post dip) training Supervisor neededThe closing date for the earlier posts has passed, but we will also need another supervisor for the Psychotherapy training – closing date 23 May. All the details can be found on the ‘Work...
- 24 Mar 2016Work with us?We need a new supervisor(s) for stages 2 and 3 of the counselling training and an experienced interpersonal group facilitator. Might this be you? Check out the ‘Work with us’ page under...
Come and find out more about us
What we do? What courses are we running? What’s different about Re-Vision?
Come along to one of our Open Taster Evenings – the next one is on Thursday 7th September – to find out more about us. These evenings begin with a presentation from one of our trainers and then there will be time for light refreshments and an informal opportunity to ask your questions and meet recent graduates.
Or come to a Heart and Soul day: a full day workshop providing an experiential opportunity to find out about Re-Vision and our style of training. The next one of these will be held on Sunday 10 September.
Full details of our open evenings and Heart and Soul days can be found on the introductory events page.
More information can be found under Training and Event main menu headings above as well as our videos around the site – or collected together on our video page under ‘About Us’.
Also under the ‘events’ menu you can find details of our personal development and continuing professional development programmes.
Or come to our four day ‘Transitions’ course running from a Thursday evening to a Monday afternoon. The next date is from 24-28 August. It is almost full, so if you are interested get in touch soon. See the Transitions page under the Events menu for more details and for dates of next year’s Transitions.
Call or email the office to book places on these events.