We are celebrating 30 years of Re-Vision in 2018!
And – at last – the Re-Vision Book ‘Transformation in Troubled Times‘ has been published.
Edited by Chris Robertson and Sarah Van Gogh, with chapters by each of them plus Joan Crawford, Nicky Marshall, Ewa Robertson, Jo-Ann Roden and Mary Smail, the book offers an integrative perspective that both gives a place to the troubles of the modern world and also develops a well-tuned craft to firstly attend to our painful wounds and ultimately transform their bitterness into the salt of wisdom. You can order it direct from Transpersonal Press here
Re-Vision is an established yet innovative centre for training in counselling and psychotherapy. We are members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) who accredit the counselling training and the psychotherapy training respectively. It is a registered charity established in 1988.
After 30 years of delivering high quality training in the craft of soul-making, in order to meet the needs of a changing world, we believe that counselling and psychotherapy are vital for transformation in troubled times. See details of our 30th anniversary conference here.
The theoretical approach pioneered at Re-Vision uses a circular re-visioning of the pre-ego-trans model from the work of Ken Wilber as a framework to integrate concepts from Jungian, Gestalt, relational, psychodynamic, neuroscience, body psychotherapy and family systems theory as well as developmental and archetypal psychology. Through this, we combine a spiritual perspective with down-to-earth high quality therapeutic skills.
We place a high value on the sense of community generated within the student and graduate body, whilst also seeking to reach out to the wider community of which we are a part, through our programmes of personal and professional development and the work of our Low Cost Counselling Service. We are fortunate to have Thomas Moore, author of ‘Care of the Soul’ as our patron. See his comments on Community below.
Re-Vision’s access statement
Our low-cost counselling service is listed on: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/
Professional Training and Other Courses
Re-Vision provides professional training and offers short courses for both personal and professional development, introductory events, and a low-cost counselling service. The counselling training starts every autumn and applications are welcome throughout the spring and summer.
Courses are first and foremost experiential, with an emphasis on self-discovery. In therapeutic education, too early an emphasis on skills can encourage the student to use techniques as a defence against the anxiety of being in the inevitable uncertainty of the counselling situation. In this training, both theoretical perspectives and the development of counselling skills are initially presented in an implicit experiential way and only later made explicit. This building on inner experience is part of the ‘inside-out’ learning method in which students integrate skills into their own reality rather than using them as technical means to an end.
If you train with us we ask you to take our transitions course before you apply. Not only will the course give you a real taste of our experiential training method and help you confirm if Re-Vision is the right place for you, but it also runs as a stand-alone self development course which is hugely appreciated whether or not you go on to our full professional training.
- For training in counselling (BACP accredited) and in psychotherapy (UKCP accredited)
- For personal development and introductory events
- For professional development workshops
- For Supervision
- For Working with Couples
- For Group Facilitation
Re-Vision is a registered charity established in 1988 as a counselling and psychotherapy training centre. It has an experienced training group who share much of the responsibility for Re-Vision’s ongoing development.
See Who is Who at Re-Vision for more about our trainers
What are you looking for?
Those who come to Re-Vision include:
- Those exploring their own journey
- Those seeking a career change
- Professionals seeking deeper meaning and quality training
- Those in a life transition or crisis
- Qualified practitioners looking for post-qualifying courses with a spiritual dimension
What are the personal benefits?
- Insight into your purpose and direction
- Healing wounds within a holding space
- Relating more authentically
- A deeper acceptance of both the talented and the shadow aspects of yourself
- More capacity for empathy and for working effectively with others
What past students have said:
- “I have felt held with respect and integrity.”
- “The high quality of training has shown itself throughout enabling me to noticeably improve my client work.”
- “The seminars were inspiring and meaningful.”
- “Things were spoken that I have always felt but never articulated.”
Comments from External Moderator for Psychotherapy Training, Summer 2014:
- “What was striking was the depth of critical reflection and feedback offered to each individual…the phrase ‘frankness from a place of good will’ was offered by a student”
- “Warmth, challenge, appreciation and sense of respect for each other are modelled by the tutors”
- “What I can certainly confirm is that the training at Re-Vision (both academic and practice) is delivered not only to a high standard but … enables students to leave with a soulful light inside.”
"When does an organisation become a community? When it has heart, warmth, connection, intelligence, vision, and humor. I find all these qualities in Re-Vision, a community with which I am happy to be associated. It embodies values of soul and spirit that are often talked about but not lived. Small and beautiful, it gives life and promise to London and to all other places on the globe looking for inspiration."Thomas Moore, author of 'Care of the Soul' and patron of Re-Vision.
Wider communityRe-Vision is a member of the European Association for Integrative Psychotherapy. Amongst many other benefits, this membership allows our psychotherapy graduates to apply to them for the European Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy or apply via them and UKCP for the more widely recognised European Certificate of Psychotherapy.
- 03 Aug 2018Poetry, Politics and Psychotherapy – Re-Vision’s 30th anniversary conferenceWe are very excited about the upcoming conference on 15th September with keynote speakers author Jay Griffiths, Poet and Performer Lemn Sissay, and lawyer Marcia Willis Stewart. We will be celebratin...
- 24 May 2018About your privacyRe-Vision has always taken confidentiality and privacy very seriously – as you would expect from an organisation concerned with psychotherapy! With the new GDPR legislation, we’ve taken th...
- 30 Jan 2018Are you on Twitter?So is Re-Vision! Come and find us at @ReVisionsoul and be sure to @ us in your tweets. And don’t forget our facebook page...
- 04 Oct 2017What’s next at Re-Vision?For qualified counsellors, or if you are thinking of training as a counsellor, or if you are just at a time of change in your life, our next ‘Transitions‘ course has a few places left. It...
- 22 Feb 2017Robert Romanyshyn working with Re-VisionWe are delighted that Robert Romanyshyn is coming to work with Mary Smail and Chris Robertson on what promises to be a very special CPD day for Re-Vision on Saturday 8th July. Psychotherapy and Embod...
Come and find out more about us
What we do? What courses are we running? What’s different about Re-Vision?
Come along to one of our Taster Evenings – the next one is on Monday 5th November – to find out more about us. These evenings begin with a presentation from one of our trainers and then there will be time for light refreshments and an informal opportunity to ask your questions and meet recent graduates.
Or come to a Heart and Soul day: a full day workshop providing an experiential opportunity to find out about Re-Vision and our style of training. The next one of these will be held on Sunday 18th November.
Full details of our open evenings and Heart and Soul days can be found on the introductory events page.
More information can be found under Training and Event main menu headings above as well as our videos around the site – or collected together on our video page under ‘About Us’.
Also under the ‘events’ menu you can find details of our personal development and continuing professional development programmes – and our special conference on 15th September – Poetry, Politics and Psychotherapy, Speaking to the Soul of a World in Crisis.
Or come to our four day ‘Transitions’ course running from a Thursday evening to a Monday afternoon. Our next, (November 8th-12th) is filling fast, as have all the Transitions this year. Book early if you are interested! Attendance at Transitions is a prerequisite for those who want to attend our professional training as well as being a stand-alone personal development course. See the Transitions page under the Events menu for more details.
Call or email the office to book places on these events.